Syion Abbey is a Gothic church built as a personal challenge of the benedictins monks with the extremely help of Mr. Ethan Anthony and his team.
For us, this is a very special project, for being the first big challenge in our career and also for having the opportunity to work together with these wonderful people.
Cooperhill, Virginia (USA)
HDB/Cram & Ferguson Architects
HDB and the monks
- Interior: Via Monte Limestone and Jerusalem Stone
- Exterior: Via Monte Limestone
- Interior flooring in pieces of 24”x16”.
- Architectural element all over the building such as Rose, columns, solid window surround, Altar, Door surround, Water tables, moldings and trims.
- Installation plans were sent in order to proceed as a puzzle.
- Field Dimensionss
- Material Selection
- Take-off design
- Layout plans
- Natural stone supply
- Installation support